November 2020. During MCO, when we were not allowed to travel more than 10km from home and no dine-in was allowed, one of the Korean food deliveries I ordered the most was Wangjok's Jokbal. Jokbal (족발) is a Korean-style pig's trotter dish cooked with soy sauce and spices. The set I ordered below is the Jokbal small serving at RM65. It comes with lettuce, kimchi, pickles, onions, and green chilies, as well as condiments for ssam (Korean wrap). The makgeolli did not come with the delivery. It was a gift and was about to expire, so I decided to drink it while having the Jokbal. I would say they have the best Jokbal in town; so far, I can't find Jokbal anywhere else except at Wangjok. In fact, the place has been around in Desa Sri Hartamas for more than 10 years. It used to be located on the 1st floor of the shoplot at Jalan 22b/701, facing the main road of the Kerinchi Link. I could always spot the place whenever I drove through, going into the Mont Kiara entrance.
Before the COVID-19 breakout, there were very few options when it came to Korean food delivery. Most of the authentic Korean restaurants in my area required self-pickup after ordering through a phone call. A few of them did offer delivery to the doorstep with a minimum spend of RM50 and above. Another option was MAPE Run – a Korean delivery service where you could order through Kakaotalk or WhatsApp, but it did not cover all Korean restaurants. Now that we are in COVID, in order to survive, the majority have become available on Grab, Foodpanda, etc. The minimum order has lowered to the standard rate of RM15. But Korean food itself is not cheap, though it can easily cost RM25 for a stew. So, some have been seen customizing individual meal sets in order to get more orders. I sincerely hope that all businesses survive through the COVID pandemic. ✿
No comments:
Post a Comment